Geodes are at the top of my accessory list for both jewelry and my home for this Fall. I adore the cocktail rings from Mayastar in Wednesday's post. I just love the natural beauty of these crystal formations. In case you were wondering, a geode is a a hollow rock or nodule with the cavity usually lined with crystals. These geological rock formations occur in sedimentary and certain volcanic rocks.
Geodes were popular in the 80's. I remember we had a few in our home (I wish I still had them.) Lead by jewelry designer Kimberly McDonald, these little rocks are making a big comeback. I even spotted a few at Home Goods last week (above.) Some have a big fat price tag, some are much more palatable. Whatever your budget, add a little bit of rock to your wardrobe this fall with statement pieces like these. Check out the geodes that made it onto Kiki's List.
1. Kimberly McDonald Geode and Diamond Earrings- $6,327
3. Devon Leigh Amythest Slice Earrings- $458
4. Gold Vermeil Geode Necklace- $130.40
6. Devon Leigh Dark Drusy Necklace- $318
7. Kimberly McDonald Geode and Diamond Cuff -$22,676
9. Kimberly McDonald Rose Gold Geode Bracelet- $9,889
10. Devon Leigh Pink Agate Slice- $198
11. Gold Encased Geode Earrings- $86
12. Vintage Geode Pendant Necklace- $38