I adore animal prints. Leopard and Zebra are at the top of my list. I love to rock my Wildcat blouse from J. Crew. ( Sold out, #1 below.)
Whenever I wear it, Mike calls me Peg Bundy. So, it got me to thinking that there is a lot of tasteful leopard out there, but there is even more not-so-tasteful leopard. First, let's take a look at leopard done right.
This is obviously leopard gone wrong.
Here are some tips to get it right:
- Leopard print clothing should not be tight.
- Stay away from spandex, rayon and velour.
- Leopard print is a statement. Don't make too many statements in one outfit.
- Stick to one leopard print piece per outfit. (Steer clear of matching shoes, handbag, etc.)
- For a more updated look, mix leopard print with bright fun colors, think green, blue, orange, pink.
- Stay away from leopard athletic wear.
- Everything in moderation.
Here are some of my favorite leopard items of the moment. Please do not wear more than one at a time. ;)